Strategic Technical Buyer
- Location: Darmstadt, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Machinery Industry
Our client is a leading provider of process machinery who is seeking for an experienced STRATEGIC TECHNICAL BUYER to join their team. You will be responsible for sourcing raw materials and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Strategic and operational development of Best-in-class sourcing system
- Development and definition of new processes and optimization of existing processes in purchasing
- Responsible for procuring components for the manufacture of our machines. (drawing parts such as turned and milled parts, welded assemblies with mechanical machining as well as production parts made of sheet metal)
- Identification of risks and vulnerabilities in existing procurement processes and create impact transparency
- Selection of suitable suppliers, preparation of inquiries, negotiation, placing of orders as well as the monitoring of deadlines and complaint handling.
- Independent planning and execution of purchasing projects and reporting the current status of the team and relevant interfaces
- Price negotiations with suppliers
- Providing accurate and timely reporting
- Systematic market monitoring, market analysis and benchmark of suppliers and monitoring technical developments
- Develop and implement a plan to achieve cost savings
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Orientation of local procurement processes to the global sourcing strategy of companies
- Implementation of central corporate strategy in terms of the dynamic Europeanisation of sourcing processes
- 2+ year experience in a similar position with a focus on strategic procurement
- Experience leading end-to-end strategic sourcing processes, including spend analysis, supplier screening, benchmarking, negotiations, supplier performance management, scorecards, contracting, and savings tracking
- You have a technical education in the field of mechanical engineering as well as sound business knowledge, ideally you already have experience in technical purchasing.
- You have experience Working with ERP programs, eg. SAP or SAGE.
- Excellent negotiation skills and goal-oriented assertiveness
- Strong analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Fluent English, spoken and written, another foreign language would be advantageous
- Skills in MS Office (particular PowerPoint and Excel)