Senior Strategic Data Analyst
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Retail Bank
Our client is well-established retail bank that currently looking to add Senior Strategic Data Analyst join their team in Hamburg.
- Extend/ modify analysis based on observations/ knowledge of data and limitations, and implications of results
- NPV model review partner and contributor
- Provide portfolio data to support business planning & Stress Testing
- Partner with CRO as key contact to support CRO driven initiatives
- Partner with Commercial to support and drive commercially led initiatives
- The role will be supporting pro-actively identifying opportunities, optimising existing programs and ensuring all activities meet corporate return hurdles.
- Devising, testing and monitoring optimal line management strategies
- Ongoing optimisation of conversion rate in line with market best practice
- Optimize all strategies for specific areas of customer life-cycle from New Customer Acquisitions to Existing Customer Management to Debt Repayment across the portfolio.
- Present and communicate results within the business functions.
- Ensure that lessons are learned and learnings are optimised for future projects.
- A degree/diploma or equivalent in an analytical/quantitative/business/IT related discipline
- Ability to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
- Lateral thinking – find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Business assessment – ability to quickly build an understanding of a business and its core strengths and opportunities
- Ability to drive insight from that data, assess the commercial / financial impact and recommend action
- Ability to synthesize divergent sources of data (data room, data tape) into a comprehensive view of the business
- Strong knowledge of statistics and statistical methods /modelling techniques
- Proficiency in SAS or equivalent data analysis and statistical tool (R, Python)
- SQL programming skills on an advanced user level
- Strong interpersonal skills in communication, influencing, and conflict management skills are an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a story that drives action
- Team working – commitment and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience in consumer finance or payment market (ideally in Germany) with respect to customer acquisition, product management and/or risk assessment
- Experience analysing programmes through the lens of brand / customer engagement metrics as well as P&L value