Senior Data Architect
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Financial Service Company
Our client, a well-known German company and an industry leader is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join their team in Munich
- Work as part of the Global Data Architecture team to support the transformation of the company towards an information-driven enterprise
- Develop and enhance data architecture strategies, frameworks and methodologies in a service-oriented environment from a Group perspective
- Investigate data management standards, guidelines and metrics within the enterprise and the financial industry.
- Develop a transformation roadmap indicating current, transition, and future state data architecture, focused around clear benefits to both IT and business users
- Identify best practice of data architecture within operating entities of the Group and across the industry to support the knowledge exchange within the Group
- Advice the company’s Global Data/ Information Architecture community with expert knowledge, guidance and conceptual support
- Take responsibility for leading data/ information architecture related projects in a multi-national environment
- Proactively work and collaborate with various stakeholders from different levels in the Business, Operations and IT area
- Communicate on data architecture, standards and best practices across the enterprise and provide presentations to the management
- Deliver accurate and consistent concepts and documentation to agreed deadlines
- Travel for projects, workshops and on-site data architecture reviews.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or related technical field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a data architect, ideally in the financial industry
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Architecture principles, architecture design processes, methodology and principals
- Excellent understanding of data architecture, service-oriented architectures, micro-services and related areas
- Strong understanding of business environment, strategies, data architecture concepts and best practices in the industry
- Well versed in domain modeling, domain-driven design and definition of business capabilities
- Sound understanding of data management including standards, governance, quality, security, etc.
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and knowledge representation techniques
- Exposure to data engineering practices and tools including data cleansing, standardization, etc.
- Well versed in data domains like Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, unstructured data, etc.
- Robust skills and sensitivity in understanding business and customer needs and requirements
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical concepts, executive presentations and whitepapers
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and a passion for problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new emerging trends in the data architecture space
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Ability to work well in teams and individual with peers, supervisors and management
- Cultural sensitivity in order to fit into a multi-national project setup
- Ability to bring projects to a successful completion despite organizational dynamics in a global environment
- Ability to authentically and effectively communicate with various stakeholders across business and IT
- Self-motivated, flexible, persuasive, positive and respectful