Private Equity Associate
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Private Equity company
Our client is a Cologne-based Private Equity fund investing in medium-sized businesses in Germany, Austria and Switzerland currently looking for an Associate to join their small entrepreneurial team. They focus on companies with the potential to create sustainable, long-term value through changing economic cycles and work closely with management to achieve that.
The Associate will be a critical member of the investment team, responsible for supporting all aspects of deal identification and execution, as well as conducting high-impact market and industry research that will help shape investment strategy in DACH region. This is an opportunity to join the core deal team in a high-growth investment firm, where the candidate will be expected to display strong leadership both in shaping the company’s strategy and delivering results, while also being involved in the fundraising activities.
- Support all aspects of due diligence and deal execution, including market research, financial projections, valuation opinions, and strategic assessment;
- Communicate research findings and recommendations to senior members of the deal team and the investment committee;
- Collaborate with international teams to define and conduct high-impact industry research projects, relying on both primary and secondary sources, in order to help shape investment strategy and identify attractive investment targets;
- Draft investment memoranda and assist with conducting and documenting of comprehensive due diligence;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous Private Equity or Leveraged Finance experience preferred;
- Excellent project management, communication, financial analysis and problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment to plan and manage a variety of projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to thrive under ambiguity and demonstrate creativity and intellectual flexibility in an uncertain and rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent skills in financial modelling and presentations;
- Private equity, investment banking, or management consulting experience;
- MBA or CFA are preferred;
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university in the United States or Europe;
- Strong financial analysis skills with extensive financial modelling experience in Excel;
- Fluency in German and English with strong written and verbal communication skills.