Privacy and Data Protection Officer
- Location: Frankfurt, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Financial Services Company
Our client provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as private clients. The operational structure is comprised of our Corporate Center and five business divisions: Wealth Management, Wealth Management Americas, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank.
- Lead the Privacy legal team, developing and agreeing strategy and key priorities for the team in light of future legislation, external developments and key commercial drivers.
- Play a central role in embedding across company’s functional and business teams the changes brought about by the General Data Protection Regulation.
- As Data Protection Officer, fulfil all associated statutory responsibilities.
- Develop and lead an external strategy to influence key stakeholders across government, regulatory agencies and industry bodies to shape and influence forthcoming regulatory policy or legislation.
- Oversee the embedding of a single data privacy risk framework to assess and mitigate risk in all areas
- Drive the engagement of key internal stakeholders to ensure that data privacy is at the heart of Centrica’s commercial strategy.
- Drive a consistent and harmonised approach to data privacy across the company through leadership of the Data Privacy Practice Group.
- Drive greater awareness of data privacy across Centrica through leading design and deployment of training initiatives and awareness campaigns
- Oversight of the roll-out and embedding of data privacy-related policy, processes, practical advice and guidance for front line retail operations.
- Manage external advisers, training and other operating expenses for the Privacy legal team to provide efficient and high quality support within agreed budgets
- Legally qualified
- A leader with significant experience in the field of data protection and privacy
- Proven experience successfully influencing senior business leaders
- Experience of managing and developing high performing team
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic risk-based advice
- Excellent written and oral English and German.
- Prioritising effectively and managing diverse and multiple requirements, while overseeing the work of external counsel as needed.
- Commercially aware specialist, capable of applying regulatory principles and frameworks to complex commercial and operational arrangements.
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to prioritise effectively and managing diverse and multiple requirements, while overseeing the work of external counsel as needed.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry and an understanding of wider regulatory pressures would be beneficial.
- Certified data protection professional preferable
- Experience of leading remote teams a bonus.