- Location: Munich, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Private Equity
Our client, an international Private Equity Firm, investing in mid-sized companies and corporate carve-outs, is looking for an Operating Partner to join the team in Munich.
The Operating Partner will be expected to take part in both pre- and post-investment activities. Pre-investment, the Operating Partner will work closely with the current investment team to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities. Post-investment, the Operating Partner will work closely with CEOs and management teams of our medium-sized investee companies to help them achieve their full potential. Critical will be the Operating Partner’s ability to assess and confirm each company’s needs pre- and post investment, and monitor execution and results.
- Support investment team in evaluating deals, conducting due diligence, and assessing management of potential portfolio companies
- Assist company management in developing growth strategies, operational controls and strategic plans that maximize shareholder value
- Participate on company boards and improve corporate governance procedures
- Support company management with improving day-to-day operations, execution capabilities, and cost competitiveness, and holding management accountable based on key performance indicators
- Relevant undergraduate degree, with preference given to candidates with an MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Operations, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in business consulting, operational management, investment banks (generalist or specialist), or other relevant leadership roles in companies or private equity firms
- Familiarity with private equity investing and evaluating early and mid-stage investment opportunities in medium enterprises
- Experience serving on Boards of Directors preferred
- Fluent German
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English