Junior Portfolio Manager
- Location: Luxembourg
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Asset Management
Our Client, an independent international asset management firm with high expertise in alternative investments, is currently seeking for a Junior Portfolio Manager to join it’s Private Debt team in Luxembourg.
As an Investment Manager you will be responsible to manage private debt portfolios established for major institutional investors, in various sectors including aircraft financing, corporate debt, commercial real estate and infrastructure debt. Private debt investment opportunities will be sourced for each portfolio by either a partner bank or an investment advisor. These will also act, in most cases, on behalf of the investment manager to carry out credit analysis, monitor borrower/loan performance and advice on material issues, waivers, amendments and other voting matters. The investment manager will produce investment proposals and prepare investment decisions, be responsible for relationship management of the partner banks and investment advisors as well as supporting Prime Capital’s efforts to further develop its private debt business. He/she will form part of a small and dynamically growing team, reporting directly to the team head of Private Debt.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with other departments, particularly Client Solutions, Legal, Risk Management and Operations
- Oversight the investment managers portfolio management activities in case of delegation
- Initial and ongoing due diligence of service providers and investment managers/advisors
- Produce regular reporting for each portfolio
- Work with partner banks and investment advisors to close new investments
- Produce investment proposals and prepare investment decisions
- Advised by the relevant partner banks and investment advisors, make any decisions necessary under each portfolio, including making decisions on waivers and amendments and loan sales
- Member of any portfolio and investment management related committees and meetings
- Monitor and review ongoing performance of each partner bank with respect to loan sourcing and management
- Keep deal pipelines up-to-date in co-operation with partner banks
- Assist with new private debt business offerings to institutional investors
- Screen new private debt investment opportunities sourced from partner banks and investment advisors against investment strategy and investment guidelines
- Produce regular market monitoring reports for institutional investors and internal departments
- Ensure regular reporting to the Board of the AIFM and the Fund’s Board
- Keep private debt presentation materials up-to-date
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in similar positions in the financial industry. Master degree in economics, finance or similar course of studies.
- Economic understanding of fixed income markets and practical knowledge of the private debt market in particular. Experience in Loan/Credit Documentation preferable.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English. German and other languages would be a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong commercial judgement with attention to detail, ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities, with a strong focus on results and outcomes
- Be proficient at working autonomously yet be a strong and effective team contributor
- Willingness to travel