- Location: Paris, France
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Biotech Venture Capital fund
Our client is a French Biotech Venture Capital fund currently looking for an Investment Manager to join their Paris-based team.
The Investment Manager will be responsible for screening, analyzing and executing venture investments in the biotech space. This position will involve you in extensive financial and scientific due diligence, modelling and preparation of investment memorandum and presentations. The Investment Manager will also be involved with monitoring and evaluating performance of existing investments, preparing investor updates.
- Source new venture investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects
- Conduct detailed industry, scientific and financial due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare in-depth financial and data analysis for potential investments, including customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events
- Prepare thorough investment memorandum and presentations
- Develop investment themes within venture investment sector
- Maintain knowledge of existing investments and monitor financial performance
- Prepare quarterly investment analysis and write-ups of existing deals for investor and management reporting
- Support portfolio company management teams on special projects
- The client is looking for a candidate with scientific/medical background who has subsequently developed the financial knowledge/skills. It is crucial for you to be a fluent French speaker with experience in financial sector.
- At least two years venture capital or early-stage private equity and at least two years of investment banking or management consulting experience or two years of operating experience. You should have a previous scientific background.
- Excellent research, organizational skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to perform at a high level without significant supervision and with attention to detail
- Strong, active ties to start-up and VC communities
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting