ERM Risk Manager (Reinsurance)
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Reinsurance Company
Our client, well established reinsurance company is looking for Risk Manager with solid ERM background to be based in London.
- Organisation of Risk Management reporting to the UK board and preparing of not less than 4 meetings per year
- Ownership of the risk management reports to support the identification, measurement, assessment, and evaluation of enterprise risks. Including but not limited to Risk register development to create a full taxonomy of enterprise risks through a detailed understanding of the business model and it’s execution.
- Risk management metrics to support board presentations and risk management committees. Key contributor and manager of the UK Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) report.
- Supporting capital management requests to regulators, including stress testing the balance sheet and forecasting future solvency strength.
- Support executive management on current and future regulatory compliance matters and provide information to educate the Board of Directors regarding Enterprise Risk Management.
- Responsibility to identify, measure, assess, evaluate, and report operational risks to the CRO and UK Board of Directors.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Law, Economics, Mathematics or Natural Sciences.
- Career experience of applying risk management in Solvency II solvency and capital regimes.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Solvency II Delegated Acts, PRA Rulebook, and working knowledge of PRA and FCA guidance on Solvency II Pillar II.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of general insurance and reinsurance operations.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in insurance / reinsurance company of which 5 years needs to be with risk management.
- Business acumen, and a demonstrable understanding of balancing risk and reward
- Strong team player, capable of building strong working relationships in a multi-functional, multinational team.
- Good interpersonal skills and can get things done through others.
- Solid presentation and convincing skills both internally and board level.
- Expert user of the full MS Office suite and a high level of written English suitable for reports to external parties.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to explain complex concepts in a straightforward manner to non-technical Managers and Executives.
- Ability to work under own initiative and show flexibility to meet business needs.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise own work.Professional behaviour with high level of integrity.