Director Corporate Compliance & Reporting
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Insurance Company
Our Client, Insurance company, is looking for a Director, Corporate Compliance & Reporting to join their Hong Kong team. They are focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology.
- Establish Group policies as required by the Group Chief Compliance Officer (Group CCO)
- Work with the other relationship managers and drive the preparation of high-quality compliance reports for all Group Committees and manage the compliance budget
- Act as the relationship manager for HK, Macau, and China business units.
- Assist the Group CCO in supporting the business units to effectively manage compliance risk by operationalizing all corporate compliance elements of the Compliance framework and communicating the compliance mission vision and objectives throughout the company.
- In conjunction with the other relationship managers and Group CCO, monitor the Compliance plan of all countries and work collaboratively with each Head of Compliance and their teams in the successful execution of all elements of the plan.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all elements of the Corporate Compliance program across the Group.
- Be the subject matter expert on corporate technical compliance requirements and continually monitor to ensure that any emerging risk areas are identified and factored into the plan.
- Assist in the face to face delivery of Compliance training in Group for areas of expertise.
- Liaise with business or functions to establish control enhancement plans for any control issues/incidents identified.
- Relevant degree from a recognized university
- 10+ years of relevant experience in insurance/ financial services industry or regulatory bodies in compliance, risk management, or audit
- One or more of the following professional certifications is an advantage: CA/CPA, CCP
- Experience in preparing and presenting Compliance reports up to Board level.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, rules, Codes of Conduct
- Understanding of insurance regulatory framework of different lines of businesses
- Advanced report writing skills and the ability to produce professional presentation materials
- Ability to solve technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information and resources
- Sensitive to confidentiality, corporate structure and management oversight
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept new challenges, initiate change and take on responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently yet exercising sound judgment on reporting to the leader
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and able to meet deadlines