Corporate M&A Associate
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Pharmaceutical and life sciences company
Our client, a German multinational, pharmaceutical and life sciences company is looking for a Corporate M&A Associate to join their team in their HQ in the Cologne area.
Successful applicants will join an established office with strong leadership, bright, energetic people and a truly entrepreneurial spirit. Our client guarantees you a diverse and exciting career option and opportunities for travel.
This position is for enthusiastic, strategic thinking individuals who want exposure to the established pharmaceutical sector, mergers and acquisitions, venture investments, product partnerships, and post-merger integrations.
We are seeking candidates with 3+ years professional experience in TIER1 investment banking. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred.
- Three to Four years of TIER1 investment banking experience at the Analyst level or recent Associate 1.
- Transactional experience in the pharma, medical or healthcare sector or willingness to do such transactions.
- Top academic performance with comfort operating in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
- Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
- Excellent English verbal/written communication skills with ability to multi-task
- German is preferred, but willingnes to learn the language can be considered.
- Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture
- Assist in all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, evaluating, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
- Research industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts
- Help drive Senior Leadership Team decisions and interface with cross functional teams