Construction Project Manager
- Location: Basel Area, Switzerland
- Salary: Competitive
- Organization: Civil and Structural engineering company
Our client is a Swiss based specialist in the fields of civil and structural engineering and geomatics, currently is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager who would be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control. While providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be essential since this Project Manager will work closely with Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Estimators, and Accounting.
- Oversee all phases of the construction project timeline.
- Reinforces the compliance of field safety regulations by all field personnel.
- Perform key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client. Is responsible for the overall profit and loss of each job and proactively seeks profit opportunities on each project.
- Handles all correspondence between Contractor and Sub-Contractor(s).
- Performs site visits and monitors progress of construction activities on a regular basis, and holds regular status meetings with all sub-teams.
- Ensure construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule(s).
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget revisions where necessary.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, required documentation, and presentations.
- Approves all invoices and manage the billing process.
- Ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Represents Company in project meetings, client meetings, etc.
- Proactively upholds all safety polices and standards.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Maintains strict adherence to Company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in construction, engineering, or related field
- 4-8 years of construction experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook Exchange.
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical
- Working knowledge of Prolog and other construction software
- Basic understanding of financial accounting systems
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate, as both may be required
- Ability to multitask
- German language proficiency
Please note that all application to Switzerland based vacancies and all communication with Swiss clients is handled by our Swiss Partners, Accurity GmbH, Bahnhofstrasse 11, 8302 Kloten. Albert Cliff is responsible for screening, initial interview and selection only.All Supply Chain & Engineering vacancies